Sunday, July 29, 2012

Yardwork

Here's what's been going on here.
Our lemon tree is finally growing fruit. I hope that this is just the beginning of a healthy relationship. I love lemons...and I keep stealing them from my mom's tree. So if this poor tree can be revived, then I will be more than ecstatic.
We relocated our herbs and they are so much more happy here! They now live next to the lemon tree. Yay for fresh herbs every night. I can't wait until they really take off.
Our mint is quite happy and out of control, actually. I have been enjoying mint tea though. Time to trim this guy back though.
Grass is starting to grow where we (meaning Sam) removed the old rotting deck. 



It's hard to keep our backyard looking great...constant changing, moving one pile of dirt here, shoveling sand there. Under the tarp is all the sand I moved from the front of the house. The bricks were placed on top of it.
All the bricks I moved from the dirt patch (pictured below) in the front to the side of the house.




 Look how green our new grass is growing in! Sam has repositioned sprinklers to get maximum watering. We also seeded some of the patchy parts. So exciting to see it growing in so great.

Today we planted some bushes and flowers in the front. I am so excited! With the sun positioned right behind the house, I couldn't get a good picture of what we did today. So that will come later.





2 comments: