Saturday, May 5, 2012

How to cut up your hot tub!

It is amazing what we have accomplished in the last two weeks. Keep in mind that I have three kids under foot when I am busy scraping and cleaning. Rule number one: Make sure you have enough energy to clean up when you are done! So that means that I have to do things in mini sessions. Scrape for two hours, then clean up for thirty minutes. Then scrape off more paint for an hour. Then spend another thirty minutes cleaning up...you get it.

So here is the fire place with all the paint scraping done!

I still need to take a wire brush and see how much more I can get to come off. 

And Sam decided today was the day to start taking out the hot tub.


Ezekiel ran in to get his work gloves (ie snow gloves) and Stephen put on his snowboarding helmet with lab goggles. Had to be ready to help daddy!

And the boys found a snail...the poor guy did not make it to see the end of the hot tub removal, I am sorry to announce.

After Sam took the saw to the hot tub, Ezekiel got to pound that sucker! I will translate what Stephen said after Ezekiel knocked the top off: "My big helmet so me can do that!"



More sawing!

Thanks to a new blade, the rest of the job was relatively easy.

Our backyard now. Coming along.














1 comment: