Thursday, May 3, 2012

My hands hurt

So yesterday, I tested the brick I had applied the stripper to the night before and was excited by these results!

But only having applied the stripping agent to the whole fireplace that morning, this was the dismal result I was getting after two hours.

Later in the day I tried again...this took hours!

So I waited until this morning and Sam found me a better tool too!

Ahh! Yes, much better.

This looks like I am just scrapping it and it comes off in big sheets, but in actuality I am pressing with two hands and full body weight (jerking up and down, side to side) to get these results.  Oh my hands hurt.

But I think it will be a good start if I can finish this today.

So here is what I did accomplish yesterday. Finished sanding.

Used a roller this time. Not sure why I didn't try this before. Faster and no more streaks of paint!

Oh yea.

Then I turned and saw my sad front doors. So I had to sand those down and paint them!


Well, wish my wrists, knuckles, fingers, and knees luck today.

No comments:

Post a Comment