Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More of the Same

If you want to do something, do it right the first time and make sure you have the right tools. Of course, I knew that, but I thought, "Well, it might work!" But no, it didn't. So I am sanding down the banister and railing before I paint it correctly. 

I started the sanding process and have a lot more hard work ahead of me.



I also went and bought more caulking and Frog Tape to help with cleaning up all my painting mishaps on the stairs. 


Once I got the process down, it started going a lot faster!


So far, I love the results!  So much better!

Left with a pile of tape and towels.

I have to retouch some painting before I finish the rest of the steps though, so I turned my attention to some more grunt work. Today I am undertaking the UNDERTAKING. That is what I am calling the process of trying to strip the paint from my fireplace.


I applied the stripper. I have the problem thinking that only really bad smelling, harsh for the environment products really get the grime and gunk off (and will strip paint). But because I have kids in the house, I am trying to go for more non-harmful (AND more expensive I might add) products for these things. My fingers are crossed.

After about an hour I went over with a razor blade and I am glad I did. I could tell what areas the stripper was not really working and applied a bunch more (all over).


Now I am sitting and waiting for a friend to pick up the kids so I can get to work :).  

In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of some of my fun projects...

Painted my old vase thingy...



and made a magazine holder out of an oatmeal box, the Wall Street Journal, water and flour (paper mache), and glue and water...










Okay, So I will post pictures of the fireplace when done!



No comments:

Post a Comment