Friday, January 20, 2012

Painting and more Painting

I will not post any pictures with this post as the camera is at the new house - but I wanted to just write a quick update. Painting has taken over the whole house. I thought after taking down the popcorn ceilings everyone would be saying, "I will never do that again!" (which still may be true). But I also have a feeling that after this week, my family will unanimously vote that they will never paint again.
Because the whole interior of the house (minus the BRIGHT yellow in the kitchen) was painted a pale blue we had to put a good layer of primer over every wall and ceiling. In most cases we did two coats.

Then the ceilings had to be painted and cut-in. Time consuming and painful at times as you have to keep your head arched up to see what you are doing. I heard a lot of sore necks and shoulders plagued my crew of family volunteers. It was also a little deflating after a weekend of 8 workers at the house - taping, priming, laying down plastic, cutting in the primer - to go to one to three workers at a time trying to get more priming and color done. A lot slower. But still - progress was made!

The wall color I picked out is called Cancun Sand. Vieing for a color that was not brown, orange, or yellow, but would still stand out against white trim. However, looking at it now dried, I think you could say there is a little yellow tint to it. But so far I am OK with that. It has really warmed the place up! And now that more rooms have it on the walls, the ceilings painted white and all the cutting in done, it looks like it is all coming together.

As of today, the upstairs bedrooms and hall are done with painting. So floors upstairs and the bathroom upstairs will take priority this weekend!

When we have more hands than can be physically helping with the floors, then more and more painting still needs to be done in the stairwell and downstairs. We have to get the place livable (no wet paint would be nice while trying to move in!) by next week.

Well, that is all for now. After this weekend I will post more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment