Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome to Our New Place!

What a blessing we get to share with you all. It is official. We are the proud owners of our first home. I have noticed that I already feel protective over it - warts and all. When someone laughs or comments on some of the more rough edges on the house, I get a little defensive. After all, this was a good find! And what can I say, when Sam and I walked in this place it just felt like home. It needs a lot of work and already we have shared some long hours in this place. Thank you for all the help we have gotten so far. And thank you for the hours of work some of you will be putting into the place in the next 19 days (yes, it has to be livable by then!).
Enjoy the first look at the place. The first pictures were taken by Sam when the home assessment was being done. Then it jumps to January 10th - the night we got the keys! Pictures conclude with my first full day of cleaning. xoxo
First Look

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the outside and the inside has great bones, just needs work! Jason and I have been watching that show Property Brothers on HGTV and its incredible to us what they can do with what seems like an old, beat up forgotten house. They end up looking AMAZING. New carpet, paint on the walls and some cleaning up can do wonders.

    Our current house is the same way, Jess. I think we get teased less because we're just renting it, but I still get defensive ;-)

    ReplyDelete