Monday, January 23, 2012

I am sitting here typing and looking down at my hands I see that I still have paint on my knuckles. That about sums up my time at the house this past week.
The big news this past week was the finishing of the painting and the starting of the floors.
Most of the pictures span the whole week, so some of them are before the painting on the walls and ceiling was iniated. I will work on putting captions on all the photos soon!
Yesterday, the Durbins showed up and Taryn and Chris helped pull all the painters tape down from the whole house. I painted the neglected hallway between the study and kitchen (our "popcorn" hallway)and got carried away with all the touch ups that need to be made. I had to restrain myself and realized that I will be touching up paint for the next month. It's just so hard to see when it is dark or cloudy outside (when most of our painting has been done lately). I will also be painting all the trim - so I had to put a stop to my running around the house with paint and get to the cleaning.
Sam has been working on installing the tub in the upstairs bathroom. It has been a learning process in itself. It doesn't help that the walls are not square and the floors are not level. Welcome to an old house y'all!
I just heard from my Dad that he and John are putting the first coat on the hardwoods today! Yay!
I also heard from my Mom and Greg that they will be there at the house to help clean the downstairs some more. I pulled up the plastic last night and swept and mopped some of the downstairs. There is just so much dust (from the sanding of the ceilings) that it almost makes it unsafe to do it with the kids there. So I am so thankful for their help tonight. My sister Aimee also scrubbed the downstairs bathroom this past weekend. So feel free to use our toilet if you come over :). Okay, TMI.
I was not at the house on Saturday, but I know many of our helpers were there working hard, so thank you everyone again!
Tomorrow, Aaron is going to help me move everything so we can hopefully sleep there tomorrow! Wow!


Painting Basically Done, FLOORS!

No comments:

Post a Comment